- Category: February 2012 - Mobile Marketing
Alcatel-Lucent knows that the communications service provider that can deliver this kind of experience will be the most attractive, since customer loyalty is and always will be the one and only asset in the market that keeps revenues flowing and profitability growing. Aware of this fact, the company recently launched an extended portfolio of software and services designed to improve the experience that consumers have with their smartphones, tablets and other connected devices. What is unique about their approach is that their expanded portfolio goes way beyond network performance and addresses the widest variety of 'touch points' where customers interact with their service provider.
Adolfo Hernandez, President of Alcatel-Lucent's Software, Services & Solutions group said: "Alcatel-Lucent has established a strong reputation in customer experience with hundreds of communications service providers around the world. What we are announcing is a commitment to continue our investments in the area of customer experience with the introduction of our new portfolio, which we have called Motive Customer Experience Solutions."
The four solution suites of Motive CXS portfolio
Alcatel-Lucent's Motive CXS portfolio is based on four solutions, each of which addresses various critical touch-points in the relationship between communications service providers and their customers:
- Motive CX Management is focused on getting new devices, applications and services up and running quickly, by simplifying their introduction on the network, managing upgrades and service modifications, and providing a consistent, low-hassle experience for customers.
- Motive CX Analytics provides monitoring tools that track the performance of the devices, applications and services running on the network. These tools - which leverage unique algorithms developed by Bell Labs - provide key insights and dashboards that infer overall customer experience and allow for detailed customer experience insights.
- Motive CX Optimization empowers communications service providers to provide their customers with the best service experience possible while making better use of network capacity. Using historical data about customers, devices, applications and the network, communications service providers can examine trends, experiences and usage patterns - segmented by types of users - and take accurate and proactive actions with yield management and loyalty.
- Motive CX Consulting consists of a dedicated team that - using a patent-pending methodology - identifies unique opportunities to improve the wide range of customer experience touch points within a service provider organization.
In a nutshell, Alcatel-Lucent's portfolio of Motive Customer Experience Management (CXM) solutions automates broadband services activation, troubleshooting and problem resolution to make customer interactions easy, efficient and effective.
Transforming the customer experience
According to McKinsey, 70% of customers who switch to a competitor do so because of a poor customer experience and now you can imagine what that means for businesses. Expectations of good service are continuously growing and becoming more and more difficult to satisfy, considering that today's society uses multiple devices to access a dizzying array of applications, services and content. As more complex devices and services are connected to fixed line and mobile networks, the effort to deliver a consistent, quality customer experience is multiplying costs for communications service providers.
Alcatel-Lucent is simplifying customer interactions, is helping service providers to improve their quality of experience (QoE), and is supporting them to build stronger, longer-lasting, and more profitable customer relationships with its Motive Customer Experience Solutions that is able to:
• Increase profitability by simplifying customer interactions:
Stand out and succeed by creating simple, compelling experiences that customers want.
• Improve business performance using customer insights:
Thrive in a complex and competitive environment with analytics and insights that strengthen customer relationships and increase customer lifetime value.
• Enhance loyalty and profitability:
Create an experience that positively influences usage behavior in a way that reduces the impact on the network while improving profitability.
• Take action to improve the customer experience:
Develop a prioritized actionable plan to help your entire business improve the customer experience.
Service providers struggle to provide fast, reliable networks but they can't win over every customer, at least Alcatel-Lucent can make their lives easier and help them to can stand out and deliver a market leading customer experience by making offers simpler to buy, own and use.
By Daniela La Marca