- Category: March - April 2010
The email medium is still a powerful one. Every email can and should be a masterpiece to ensure you get maximum ROI. Here are some tips to help you along:
- The subject line is critical: It’s like getting them to open the envelope.
- Grab attention in your opening sentences to keep them reading.
- Deliver value or your subscribers will stop wanting to hear from you.
- Take care with layout and design to make it easily readable and professional.
- Personalize to whatever degree you can afford.
- Provide a click-through as the response mechanism.
- Carefully tailor the landing page (the page they hit after clicking).
- Test and measure, test and measure, test and measure as a life style.
Direct response email marketing (if you are very careful to avoid looking like anything that could be construed as spam) is a powerful way to get people to your site. Email, however, is even better at getting them back to your site.
Source: Jim Sterne’s book World Wide Web Marketing