The Internet of Things (IoT) is one of the dazzling trends of the 21st century, destined to change our life, as well as any business and market, by collecting, processing, and analyzing large amounts of data in real time, thereby uniting the physical and digital world.
This allows marketers to understand users' behaviors and their needs, as well as accessing information that have been previously hidden. Companies can easily have real-time sales data, know where and how their products are purchased, and receive immediate feedback from customers. The result is strategic planning in real time, comprised of continuous and constant adjustments.
Hence, IoT is the starting point for the creation of connected products that detect contextual information. In fact, if connected products are aligned with production systems as early as the product creation phase, they subsequently allow the processes themselves to be modified according to actual customer needs. In other words, we move from connected products to smart products, in which intelligence is added to interconnection.
With a network of interconnected and smart products, it is possible to create new value services for users. For example, brands can exploit this new communication channel to relate to those who own and use things to personalize offers. Customer management and after-sales service can also be more contextualized and customized to the individual consumer.
According to marketing experts, future consumers will be less and less willing to type their requests on a device and more and more are convinced that their needs must be immediately understood and fulfilled. Not to mention that smart things will lead consumers to new habits and cultivate new expectations. Correspondingly, IoT enables smarter, more targeted advertising, more useful and relevant messages, aligned with the consumer's profile, behavior and purchases previously made.
How SOTI simplifies business mobility
Business mobility is critical to the success of every company as their workers depend heavily on mobile devices and apps to do their jobs. Unfortunately, the scale and complexity of mobility deployment is making security and management more challenging than ever and IoT will only intensify this situation.
Here could SOTI come into operation that secures, manages, and supports the mobile operations of thousands of companies around the world. The SOTI ONE Platform intuitively integrates all your Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) needs into one unique, easy-to-use platform and helps to reduce the cost, complexity and downtime related to business-critical mobility.
Comprised of seven unique components, the SOTI ONE Platform removes functional silos to create a single platform that helps to eliminate downtime, build apps faster and manage all mobile and IoT devices in one place:
1. SOTI Snap is a cross-platform mobile app development solution built for businesses. It empowers organizations to build the mobile apps they need quickly and cost-efficiently, without the need for specialized resources. Anyone can build an app by dragging and dropping the widgets they need so businesses can prototype, iterate, and deploy apps in minutes or hours, not days or weeks. SOTI Snap takes the cost, complexity and coding out of mobile app development for your business.
2. SOTI MobiControl makes Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) easier than ever before. It empowers companies to securely manage any device or endpoint with any form factor and any operating system throughout their entire lifecycle; from deployment to retirement. It controls all aspects of business mobility, from tracking physical assets to managing apps and content, all while keeping devices and data, safe and secure.
3. SOTI Assist is the industry’s first diagnostic help desk solution that is “purpose-built” and designed for the mobile-first era. It features SOTI’s award-winning remote-control technology, making it easy and efficient for technicians to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve mobile device and app issues anytime, anywhere.
4. SOTI Insight is a business intelligence solution that delivers out-of-the-box analytics on app, data, network and location usage, and operations, making it easy for companies to gain insights into the performance of their mobility deployments.
5. SOTI Connect is an IoT solution built for business that provides complete lifecycle management of IoT devices within an organization. Its highly flexible, data-driven architecture means that new IoT devices can be quickly supported and managed, reducing the time-to-market for IoT initiatives. This first release of SOTI Connect focuses on the management and support of specialized printers used for business-critical tasks.
6. SOTI Identity enables simple and secure access to the SOTI ONE Platform suite of solutions. It provides centralized user authentication, single sign-on (SSO) and role management, empowering organizations to create seamless, integrated mobility management workflows.
7. SOTI Central is an online community for SOTI partners and customers, and makes it easy for customers to connect, communicate and collaborate with product experts and other solutions providers, to get the most out of their mobile and IoT deployments.
Let’s highlight again that SOTI Connect provides centralized, manufacturer-agnostic management of all IoT devices within an organization’s technology infrastructure, regardless of communication protocol, and chooses the IoT solutions that best fits your business. It allows you to reduce infrastructure and training requirements by consolidating multiple device management solutions into a single platform to manage your organization’s mobility and IoT initiatives.
Consequently, this reduces maintenance and resource costs with instant and remote configuration of device communications, settings and actions, besides having less downtime of business critical IoT solutions and improved security of new IoT devices.
By Daniela La Marca